Who needs the Live Online Paramedic Refresher Course?
- You are a NREMTP or a State paramedic and you need a refresher course to re-certify your State and/or National Registry Paramedic certification.
- Or you have failed the National Registry Paramedic exam 3 times and need an accepted refresher course that will allow you to retest.
- Or you are a State certified paramedic and you need an accepted refresher course to allow you to take the National Registry exam.
Our 48 hour refresher has the required Bridge Material and is approved by CECBEMS, you must check with your State or Local EMS office to see if they will accept the bridge program, we can send the course for review to any State.
Distance CME offers LIVE online lectures in palatable 2 hour modules. The modules cover both the core and flexible refresher course content, offering medics the capability of satisfying 100% of the required 48 hours without ever having to leave their home or station. The lectures are scheduled to accommodate the busy medics varying shifts as well as addressing the needs of medics in varying time zones, even paramedics overseas.
The NREMT requires that 38 hours of a 48 hour EMT refresher be delivered in an instructor led format. Our DOT Paramedic refresher program delivers that! This Paramedic refresher does not provide practical skills validation. Your training officer or medical director must help you fulfill this requirement.
Passing this NREMT approved, 48 hour DOT Paramedic refresher training course will:
- Give you CECBEMS credit for the NREMT approved DOT Paramedic refresher.
- Allow you to take the NREMT examination 3 more times.
CAUTION: Other companies claim to provide a true DOT Paramedic Refresher, yet do not offer interactive instructor-led sessions (VILT). The National Registry REQUIRES that your refresher training have at least 38 hours of instructor-led instruction. This can be accomplished in a traditional or virtual classroom. IF IN DOUBT, contact the NREMT to verify.
CECBEMS course number for refresher course is 11-DIST-F5-0001
If in doubt, call the National Registry directly to check!
Classes are starting everyday. Classes are in session 7 days a week, morning, afternoon, and evening to accomodate all schedules and time zones. Check out the Course Calendar.
Enroll now for only $399
Do you prefer to call in with your credit card number? We can take your order by phone.
Call 267-417-0009 for phone orders.
Mandatory Core Content
Airway, Breathing and Cardiology - 8 hours
- Provide ventilatory support for a patient
- Attempt to resuscitate a patient in cardiac arrest
- Provide care to a patient experiencing cardiovascular compromise
- Provide post resuscitation care to a cardiac arrest patient
Medical Emergencies 3 hours
- Assess and provide care to a patient experiencing an allergic reaction
- Assess a patient with possible overdose
- Assess and provide care to a near-drowning patient
Trauma 5 hours
- Perform a rapid trauma assessment
- Assess a patient with a head injury
- Assess and provide care to a patient with suspected spinal injury
- Provide care to a patient with a chest injury
- Provide care to a patient with an open abdominal injury
- Provide care to a patient with shock/hypoperfusion
Obstetrics and Pediatrics 8 hours
- Assess and provide care to an infant or child with cardiac arrest
- Assess and provide care to an infant or child with respiratory distress
- Assess and provide care to an infant or child with shock/hypoperfusion
- Assess and provide care to an infant or child with trauma
Flexible Core Content
Airway, Breathing and Cardiology 8 hours
- Assess and provide care for respiratory distress in an adult patient
- Use oxygen delivery system components
- Perform techniques to assure a patent airway
- Assess and provide care to a patient experiencing non-traumatic chest pain/discomfor
Medical Emergencies 5 hours
- Assess and provide care to a patient with an altered mental status
- Assess and provide care to a patient with a history of diabetes
- Assess and provide care to a patient experiencing a seizure
- Assess and provide care to a patient exposed to heat or cold
- Assess and provide care to a patient experiencing a behavioral problem
- Assess and provide care to a patient with suspected communicable disease
Trauma 1 hour
- Provide care to a patient with a painful, swollen, deformed extremity
- Assess and provide care to a patient with burn injury
Obstetrics and Pediatrics 8 hours
- Assess and provide care to an infant or child with suspected abuse or neglect
- Assess and provide care to an infant or child with a fever
- Assess and provide care for the obstetric patient
- Provide care to the newborn
- Provide care to the mother immediately following delivery of a newborn
Operational Tasks 2 hours
- Use body mechanics when lifting and moving a patient
- Communicate with a patient while providing care